top of page

Throttle and mixture quadrant

This is the result after 8 hours of work. I don't like the look of the Aerovee one, I know that it is compact but I reckon that it looks like a fancy lawn mower throttle when up in the corner. So I spent a bit of time looking at Aircraft Spruce's quadrants, I was all set to order one and then discovered that they are made to order and I wasn't entirely sure that the orientation would work as the throttle is reversed and the mixture is normal. So an hour of doodling and a raid of my scrap box I came up with this. The best bit is that it cost me about $20 for the knobs and motorbike cable adjusters. Just don't cost up the man hours!

This almost finished, I've still to rivet the front plate into place.

I used nut plates to make it easier to use some AN525 screws from the outside via standoffs to make it easy to fit. There was a bit of time spent machining up the spacers and the cable holders.

This is the finished result. I can pretend to be a fighter jock now and the engine operations are easy to do one handed.

About Me.

We are a couple who know that life is far to important to take seriously. Which means that we encourage readers of this site to stop doing it and get outside and explore what life has to offer without reading our views about it!

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
Never Miss a Post!
bottom of page