top of page

Engine almost complete

I've had the flu all this week, but today was beautiful weather but unfortunately I still wasn't fit to fly but I was certainly fit to potter around in the shed! I finished up as much as possible on the engine today, I have statically set the secondary ignition timing but I will put a timing light on it once the wiring is done and I can actually turn the motor over with the starter motor to double check it. I had to raid my scrap metal box to make up a lifting jig to pick up the motor, it's not like a normal car engine where the manufacturer helpfully adds a couple of lifting points on it. So I made up a couple of brackets out of scrap aluminium angle, then some off cuts of tie down chain on a steel bar and then I was able to carry the motor using our smallest excavator. The whole thing was a piece of cake after that. Which meant that once the motor was finished on the bench I couldn't help myself and mounted it onto the aircraft with the expectation that I could pull it back off again if I needed to, but it looks like I won't need to as the access is ok.

About Me.

We are a couple who know that life is far to important to take seriously. Which means that we encourage readers of this site to stop doing it and get outside and explore what life has to offer without reading our views about it!

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
Never Miss a Post!
bottom of page