Finishing the empennage.
It has taken me 30 hours spread over a few weeks to finish off the tail surfaces and bolt them onto the fuselage. Installing the fibreglass tips wasn't nearly as problematic as I was dreading. I did however realise that I'd forgotten to construct the aluminum ribs that fit inside the fibreglass tips.
The hardest part turned out to be getting my hands down inside the rear fuselage to fit the nuts onto the bolts that attach the rear spar of the vertical tail. In desperation I ended up drilling out a number of rivets from the side panel and gently pulled it out enough to get my meathooks in there. I had to do a bit of sanding of the control horn and hinge line to get the correct throw of the rudder. But I was feeling pretty pleased with myself once this stage was finished off.